Latest Version as of 02/12/2019
Purpose of This Privacy Statement
This privacy statement aims to provide information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website. It is important that you read this privacy statement together with any other privacy notice, policy or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
This privacy statement supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Who Controls and/or Processes Your Data
For the purposes of EU data protection laws ("EU Data Protection Law"), Life Chronicle is a data controller (i.e., the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
What Kinds of Information and Data Do We Collect?
To provide our Services, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our Products. They include:
- Information and Content You Provide
- We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Service, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. The personal information we may collect and store that you provide to us when you signing up for our Service, may include first name, last name, username, or similar identifier, date of birth, phone number, email address, password, photo or avatar, and location. We may also collect any communications between you and Lifetime Chronicle as well other information you provide to Lifetime Chronicle.
- Usag and Network Data
- We collect information about how you use our Service, your actions on the Service, the content you view or engage with, and the content you post to the Service, including the people you are connected to, how you interact with them on our Service, the photos and videos you post to the Service, and the time, frequency and duration you spend interacting with our Service. We also collect information, communications, and content provided by others related to you. You consent to the collection, storage and disclosure of such communications and content sent and received on our Service, and acknowledge Lifetime Chronicle has no obligation to monitor, record, and store your content or that of others in order to protect your safety or the safety of other users.
- Financial and Transaction Data
- We may collect information about transactions made on our Service. This includes financial transactions made through our Service, details of products and services you have purchased and other details about payments to and from you, and payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and authentication information, and billing, shipping and contact details.
- Device and Technical Data
- We collect information from and about the devices you use to interact with our Service, such as computers, phones, and web-connected devices. This information may be combined and correlated across different devices you use. This information could include internet protocol (IP) address, mobile operator, your login data, other identifiers and device IDs, browser type and version, language, time zone setting and location, other data from device settings, browser, operating system and platform, device attributes related to hardware and software, device operations performed on the device, and other devices on your network.
- Information received from third parties
- Through our Service you may interact and share your information with various third parties and social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or other websites, apps, and services. In such cases, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID, network lists, and any other information you permit the social network in question to share with third parties. We may use information about your connections from these sources to let you know what your network is doing on our Service, and to let your network know what you are doing on our Service, as well as suggest others you may want to connect with. Data we receive from those sources is dependent upon your settings with them, and you acknowledge that Life Chronicle has no control over what our users post on third party websites, apps, social media channels, or other services. Please acknowledge that third party websites, apps, social media channels, and services may collect information about you as it pertains to our Service should you grant them access to do so. We may also from time to time receive information about you from third parties and other users, as well as collect information about you that is publicly available.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity, such as when aggregating your Usage Data to statistically analyze users accessing a specific feature of our Service. If we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data to be used only in accordance with this privacy statement.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you, including details about:
- Political Opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union memberships
- Genetic or biometric data
- Health or mortality
- Sex life or sexual orientation
Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information and data collected by our Service to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages and push notifications, and permit you to communicate with others on the Service or on social media or invite others to join the Service. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages for such as activities as verifying your account, change features of the Service, and technical and security notices.
The content, information and data you willingly provide and consent for use may be used to customize our Service as well as for advertising related purposes, including our communications and messaging to you and to others in all media, now or in the future. We may also use information about you and your activities on our Service to provide more relevant, personalized and targeted content, including advertising on our website as well as on other websites, apps, and services. By using our Service you acknowledge that we may use your information to customize your content and provide targeted advertising, as well as to customize the content and promotional messaging sent to others.
How is Your Information Shared?
By default, as part of your use of our Service, your profile information, including name, photo, and other personal information, will be available publicly to other members of the Service when you create a profile, interact with others on the Service, and publicly share content.
We may also share your personal information with:
- The public, including as part of customized content and promotional messaging to existing or potential users. Please do not provide personal information that you do not want to be public.
- Other users of our Service. Sharing information with others through our Service is done at your own risk.
- Third parties, such as other websites, apps, social media channels, or services, or vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include analytic services, advertising services, researchers and academics, or service providers.
- Law enforcement or legal entities upon request as required by law, or we esteem such action is necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoena/court order, defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, protect the rights and property of Life Chronicle, its users or the public as required or permitted by law, and detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal, security or technical issues.
Data Monitoring, Storage, Retention and Security
We may monitor and record communications with you for quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. The appropriate retention period for personal data is determined according to the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Life Chronicle cares about the security of your information and uses safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and share. However, we cannot fully guarantee the security of our systems but in the event of any information under our control is compromised due to a breach in security, we will take reasonable measures to investigate and rectify the situation, and notify those affected, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Persons under the age of 13
Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to access the social feeds of our Service, and are provided limited access solely under the consent of family members within our Service. In the event we are made aware of the inadvertent collection of personal data from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent we will delete the information in questions as soon as possible. If you believe we might have information collected from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Data Protection Regulation for EU Residents
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants those residing within the EU the following rights related the collection of your personal data through our Service:
- Right to information: The right to obtain information concerning data relating to you – even without your special request thereof – and the way characteristics in which it was processed.
- Right of access: The right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, access to that personal data.
- Right to rectification: The right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you in such instances that it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: The right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay where certain grounds or conditions are given, such as where personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, if you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based, or if the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- Right to restriction: The right to obtain restriction of processing, such as when the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you for a period enabling the verification of the accuracy of the personal data or the processing of the personal data is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the personal data and instead request restriction of its use.
- Right to portability: The right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and be able to move, copy or transfer that data without hindrance from one party to another.
- Right to object: The right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you based on legitimate interests.
Should you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us per the contact details at the end of this policy statement.
You also have the right according to the GDPR a complaint to your local data protection authority, of which more information is available at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
Third Party Links
Our Service may include links to third-party websites, social media channels, advertiser, plug-ins, apps, or other services. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-parties and are not to be held responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Service, we recommend you to read the privacy notice of every one of these services you visit.
Our Contact Details
Life Chronicle Pte Ltd
24 Raffles Place #07-02